What do you love most about living in Guildford?
Just a stone's throw from London but far enough from the capital's hustle and bustle, Guildford is full of surprises, positioned in the south-east of England. Whether you're looking to keep the family entertained, want to enjoy the area's stunning countryside, or are a shopaholic Guildford has everything you need right within a short distance from you.
What would be your top tips for increasing the value of your home?
Nobody wants to spend too much on a house they're selling, but there are lots of small costs you should consider that can really help boost the appeal and value of your home:
- Clean, organize, and neutralize your space: Unclutter your house to make it look bigger and cleaner, and also lighter.
- Keep Your Lawn Green: A patchy lawn takes away from the home's overall appearance.
- Update kitchen appliances: The kitchen is often the room that buyers gravitate towards first, and an updated kitchen can help sell your home.
- Update bathroom fixtures: A little change can go a long way when it comes to the look of your bathroom. Updating simple fixtures can add to this.
- Building a fence: If you're selling your house, the appearance of a fence adds value to the home overall, including security.
- Repair the gutter.
- Light up the outside: An inexpensive way to increase your home's outdoor space is to add lighting.
- Store and organize: Ample storage space is always a bonus, especially when it comes to garages and closets.
What advice would you give to first-time buyers?
Do your research. Know your budget and the local area. Getting good financial advice could save you thousands of pounds so it's important to shop around for the best deal that suits you. If you are moving into a new area, it's vital to get a better understanding of where the local amenities and schools are. That way when you find the right house you will have all the information you need.
For people looking to move to Guildford for the first time, what are some great things to see and do?
With some of the very best private and state schools, fast rail and road links, unrivalled shopping and leisure facilities, all surrounded by stunning countryside, Guildford and its beautiful surroundings are amongst the most desirable locations in England. As England's leafiest county you'll discover the Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB); complete with the highs of Leith; Box and Holmbury Hills; the natural amphitheatre of Devils' Punchbowl and the expanses of ancient heathland at Witley, Thursley, Frensham and Chobham Commons.
How would you describe the culture at Hatched?
The Culture at Hatched is very much based on providing a great experience while saving you money.
Describe yourself in two words
Tenacious and loyal.
In one sentence, describe your dream home
My dream home would be a barn conversion in the countryside with features such as high beams and a big original fireplace.
Do you have any guilty pleasures?
I have one or two guilty pleasures but mainly beer and ales.
My favourite film is The Shawshank Redemption.
If you could meet anybody in the world who would it be?
It would be Sir Alex Ferguson – the greatest football manager ever.
Best place you've been?
I lived in Aspen, Colorado for a couple of years when I was younger – a fantastic place to live or even go on holiday.
Who is the best estate agent?
The best agent is Hatched of course - is that even a question?
Thinking of selling in Guildford, or the surrounding areas?
Read our Guildford page to learn how we combine our local expertise and knowledge to help your sell your home profitably, and smoothly in Guildford and its surrounding areas.