What do you love most about living in Preston?
Although Preston is a fantastic place to live, I was brought up and raised in Blackpool & the thing that I love the most about the town is that there is always so much to do. All ages catered for.
What would be your top tips for increasing the value of your home?
- Make sure that the rooms are clutter free (or as best you can make them). This may mean only 1 picture on a wall instead of 2 or 3.
- If you have bright colours in a room (i.e. Bright pink towels in the bathroom) you could replace them with more neutral colours, making it easier for the viewer to visualise the space as their own.
- If possible park your car away from the property as you want to present your Viewer with the impression that parking is no problem (little things like this can all add up to a better offer).
- If possible, lower items at eye-level that could restrict the Viewers ability to fully see the size of the room.
- Make sure that there are no areas that appear to need repair or redecoration. If you need to redecorate, use neutral shades wherever possible.
How would you describe the property market in Preston at the moment?
There appears to be fresh confidence in the property market with many new properties appearing to receiving almost immediate requests for Viewings, as well as many acceptable offers within the first few weeks.
What advice would you give to first-time buyers?
There are many ways to get on the property ladder these days, so the only thing I would say is to be determined! Don’t get put off as it’s better to put money into your own home, rather than paying rent, as your mortgage rates will not fluctuate very much, but rental payments would.
For people looking to move to Preston for the first time, what are some great things to see and do?
Many of the nearby Blackpool attractions are free. Stanley Park with 104 hectares of land featuring a lake and well maintained gardens, as well as the walk along Blackpool’s promenade with its 3 piers and Blackpool illuminations. Blackpool also attracts world renowned artists.
How would you describe the culture at Hatched?
Being part of Hatched is like being part of a family of professionals where each individual actively supports each other & where people are placed in positions that they show aptitude and excellence toward.
Thinking of selling in Preston, or the surrounding areas?
Find out how we can combine our local expertise and knowledge to help your sell your home profitably, and smoothly in the Preston area.