Today marks a very special day; for it was 10 years ago that Adam Day opened Hatched.co.uk's virtual doors for the first time. Adam was convinced there must be a better way to sell houses and he’s now standing proud after 10 fantastic years of helping to shape an industry in the middle of the internet revolution. As part of this 10 year milestone, Adam is delighted to invite you to celebrate, as the company he started enjoys this anniversary…
“It was the summer of 2005 and the idea for an online estate agency was ‘hatched’ on a sunbed in Greece – I’ve even still got my little notebook where I wrote all of my plans (both the good ones and the bad ones) down. The idea was very simple, and as far as I could see, no one else was doing it; I wanted to help revolutionise estate agency using the power of the internet and technology, making it bigger, better and lower cost… I literally wanted to break the mould, and create a service that people wanted to use. And I wanted people to love estate agents.”
- Adam Day, Founder and former Managing Director
In those years, Hatched and Adam have:
- Dealt with over 8,000 homeowners
- Arranged approaching 100,000 viewings
- Put forward over 25,000 offers
- Sold approaching 5,000 properties
- Employed over 75 staff
- Had 2 office moves
- Lived and survived, unscathed, through the boom and bust times of 2006-2010
- Sent around 100,000 emails
- Sent 8,239 tweets (at the time of writing)
- Got married and had 2 kids
- Had one family house move
- Had many obligatory drinks at important conferences
- Fed and watered 2 cats
When Hatched was formed, Adam’s ideas were ahead of their time. All of the good ethics and values of traditional estate agency were firmly entrenched in Adam (having worked on the high street for 9 years previously). However, the advancing digital age was not to go by unnoticed as he began to recognise the flaws, as well as the potential in the industry… and the need for an alternative.
“We consider ourselves to be one of the pioneers of online estate agency – charging up-front for the work that we do, covering much larger areas, giving the customer an experience online, but making sure the customer has a personal relationship with an experienced, friendly and honest estate agent. We're always looking for the next innovation and aim to be the first when it comes to new technologies – as long as it benefits the business, the staff and most importantly, the customer. In fact, we were first past the post on a lot of things that are now common practice in most online estate agents:
- First online agent to offer a choice of up-front and split payment fees
- First online agent to offer 360x360 virtual tours
- First online agent to offer the ability to arrange viewings 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via text message
- First online agent to include VAT in our fees
- First online agent to recruit and employ Regional Consultants across the country
- First online agent to offer in-house mortgage services
Offer has now expired!
We gave the first 10 smart people to choose Hatched, after 10th June, a 10% discount on their up-front fee.
You might have missed out this time, but rest assured, you still get incredible value for money when instructing us.
Thinking of selling? Discover the smart way to sell and find out how we can help you sell your home.